As a Reader you’re likely to ask yourself one of three things about Data Science.
- Will Data Science bring me more Money?
- Isn’t that like 1984?
- Should I learn these Skills?
Answer to 1.: Yes. There is always an Opportunity to make more Money. The Question is how you make it. Most Organizations automate Processes, fire Employees and let the leftovers work overtime. This ain’t a healthy Scheme in my Book. So how can I as a Data Scientist improve your Organization?
- Create Insights (mostly through Statistics)
- Communicate these Insight
- Help to change the Organization
Answer to 2.: Quite the Opposite.
Answer to 3.: Applied Data Science is about getting a decent Amount of Money for doing very difficult Work which no one else want to do. Data Scientist are the plumbers of the Corporate World.